Thursday, September 22, 2005

Another Crazy Week

Well, Madelyn is now officially one, and she celebrated by staying up a little later than usual and pulling out all the tupperware in the kitchen. Little does she know that her party is looming ahead this weekend, so there will be plenty of pictures to come.


Naturally, all the news in the family this week is the hurricane Rita's imminent arrival in the Houston area this Saturday. I spent a part of yesterday contacting Mom, Dad and Sarah and making sure people are taking precautions, etc. Having said that, the Indiana Bice compound (or Bice Northern Command, as I call it) is open and welcome to anyone who needs it. It's all a part of my plan to see how many people can coexist in an apartment designed for two people at best. Having said that, everyone seems safe right now; Mom is on vacation in Wisconsin, Sarah and Chris are headed for Palestine, TX, and Dad is on a trip and is not in the Houston area. We hope everyone stays safe and the trees all decide to stay upright.

On another note, we managed to send my cell phone through the washing machine this past weekend. While I was able to put a few numbers back into the new phone (the very few I know from memory) I am missing the vast majority of people's numbers. The good news is that my number has not changed, so if you call me I can add you back into my stable of contacts. Of course, if you've grown tired of the occasional 2 A.M. phone call from me after a night out on the town, you may opt to not call me. We leave that decision to you, dear reader.

No comments: