Tuesday, September 12, 2006

At Long Last...

Greetings from Indiana! Well, there finally appears to be an end in sight. I officially finished writing the dissertation today and submitted to the committee. While on Friday I did reach a preliminary end to the writing, I had to address a couple of minor edits and add a couple of appendicies when I came in today. Once that was completed, the writing was all finished ans I was suddenly left with a feeling of "so what do I do now??"

Anyways, here are the final dissertation stats:

Number of Chapters: 7
Length of main body: 216 pages
Length with appendicies: 255 pages
Total length: 275 pages

Whew! That's alot of trees that will be sacrificed. The defense is sceduled for the morning of the 21st of September, and with a little luck I'll come through relatively unscathed.

I did make it down to Texas this past weekend. I took a long, well-deserved weekend and played with my girls (who are getting funnier by the day), and spent some time with my wife (who is as relieved as I am that things are drawing to a close here in Indiana). We went out house hunting and I think we may have found a house that we're interested in. If everything keeps going well, we may be in a home of our own by Thanksgiving...which is very exciting after two months of transience.

I guess that's all for now. Erin and I hope everyone is able to find their way to Houston to visit soon.

4 comments:

Megan said...

Great job, Jake. You must be relieved.

David Reed said...

Congrats man. All your hard work is about to pay off. Good luck with the defense and the house hunting.

David Reed said...

Congrats man! All your hard work is about to start paying off. Good luck on the defense and the house hunting. Hope to see you and the girls soon.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on finishing!