Thursday, August 11, 2005

This week at the Bices

It's another busy week here in Indiana. Plenty of upcoming events.

We're circling the wagons and heading north this weekend. The Bensen family reunion is underway in Turtle Lake, Wisconsin, and I'm preparing to immerse myself with my inlaws so that I can observe them in their natural environment. There will be alot of showing off Madelyn, eating cheese, and pronunciations with long "O's" (if you don't know what I'm talking about, ask my mother-in-law about a goat sometime, and revel in her accent). In addition to the close encounter with the Bensens, we'll be stopping off to see some of my own family in Madison on the way back. Madelyn may or may not be taught to sing "Bill Grogan's Goat".

Erin had her doctor's appointment this morning and the ultrasound for the baby-in-progress (or BIP, as we're calling him/her around the house) has been scheduled for the 1st of Spetember. We'll be finding out if the BIP is a boy or a girl and posting the eagerly anticipated news once we've found out. Otherwise, the visit went well; Erin's blood pressure is still nice and low and the BIP's heartrate was clocked at 140 bpm.


Madelyn during her BIP phase. Note the erroneous gender I assigned her at the time.

In other news, I'm off to Chicago next week for the Concrete Cracking Workshop. I can sense the rabid excitement that this topic inspires in all who frequent the site, so I will not say anything more about it lest the high emotions which can be stirred when concrete cracks (and it does quite often) spill out into the streets.

No comments: