Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Marching Forward

Time for another quick update from Indiana. I just finished off another chapter, so I thought I'd take a moment to post on the blog.

Let's review the quick dissertation stats:

Number of chapters drafted: 6
Chapters remaining: 2
Pages-to-date: 176
Morale: Rising, but I am waiting on edits
Fatigue: I'm keeping my eyes open
Formatting: Hail to the king!

It's a busy time here these days. The apartment is being packed and Erin and the girls are prepping for their big move to Houston at the end of the month. Madelyn is now trying to repear everything Mom and Dad say, and Olivia is busy trying to get some teeth and master the art of sitting. It looks like it about time for me to resubmerge to the depths of dissertation purgatory, so I'll sign off for now.

2 comments:

Shamus said...

Hey Jake!

Sorry it's been so long...good to hear that you're still plugging away at that PhD - I can't imagine your workload right now!

I've been terrible about keeping in touch...

We've just PCS'd to Altus, OK. I'll be an instructor here for the next 3 or 4 years. Laura pinned on Captain in late June then separated from the USAF on 4 July. She's officially a civilian now...

Anyway, say hi to Erin and the girls for me! (If they remember who I am, that is...)

And best of luck to you with your paper! I've just started my thesis for master's degree so we'll see how that goes. :)

Jason

Anonymous said...

hey Fellas!

Been too long since we've been together... all this talk of kids and theses / dissertations...

Wait a minute, one of us doesn't have any kids yet!! hmm...

Anywho, good to see all of us at least attempting some kind of correspondence. Hope you're enjoying the pix that Megan is posting to the blog. Shamus - good to know that you can climb down from the Blue and keep yourself home every once in awhile... Soulman - good to know the dissertation is well in hand (for now...) and Erin has the girls under control. For me... well, we've been keeping busy and trying to milk Southern Cali for all it's worth. If you want to visit, you have about 12 months left. On the side, my thesis has been occupying the late hours...

cheers for now! hope to talk with you soon.

Cleatus